Y-Connect is an online job portal website. Any user can view and search jobs from available pool though they have to register themselves as a Job-Seeker or Employer to utilize the full potential of its service offerings.
The system will authenticate a user as an Employer or a Job Seeker with email/password combination and navigates to a relative interface based on user-type. After passing through authentication, the system provides other features like, Job-seeker can save job search and job which he/she wants to apply in immediate future on top of what it is offering to guest users. They can also manage their job preferences from my profile section which will help the system understand the user’s interest and show relative job search for the very first time.
The employer gets a separate section that Job-seeker cannot access, from where one can fill in the job openings of his/her organization. Super admin will first review the job description before posting on-site to make sure it follows the system’s strict guidelines and has provided enough information for the job seeker to understand and apply.
- Role-based system – Admin, Job Seeker, Employer. Also Implemented ACL(Access-Control-List) to ensure a user is only allowed to access website features based on their roles and permissions.
- My profile section for Job Seeker to manage job interest and other personal information. This helps the system to load relevant jobs based on the user’s interest.
- Employer’s area from where s/he can add job description. Super admin will very and ensure it has followed all guidelines before posting on site. This helps to improve the quality of Job on the site and Job-Seeker will get accurate job information and only apply to relevant jobs.
- Advanced job search filters for Job Seeker and the ability to search for a job filter to save precious time when he wants to search with the same criteria in the future.
- Save/Unsave job to create a wish-list and keep a track of a job.
- Apply job with profile resume OR Upload new resume. It will attach a resume with applied job email notification.
- Public profile of job seekers for Employers to look through and invite them for a job.
- Subscribe to email notification to get regular updates from a portal.
- Provided SMTP support for sending email from the system.
- Advertise Management for the home page for super admin to monetize a platform from advertisements.
- User, job, Advertise, Category Management for Admin.
Challenges We Overcome
- The client has provided shared hosting with no SSH support. It was difficult to manage code base especially Laravel packages and database connection information which Laravel manages through CLI commands if SSH access provided.
- Had to study and follow rules of shared hosting to install and enable SMTP on a server to in-system mail sending features.
|Laravel 5.8 , PHP 7.2||HTML5, Blade Template Engine, Bootstrap, CSS3, SASS||MySql||GoDaddy|